17 January 2007

Slip Sliding Away!


Yes, I braved the elements to bring you this hilarious update about the weather....


walking Stella is freakin' hilarious!! firstly, i'm walking on the grass, which is covered in ice and crunching beneath my feet. The dog HATES walking on the grass with the ice crunching beneath her feet, so she chooses to walk on the sidewalk or street. Since she can't get much traction, so looks more like she's skating rather than walking, but the funniest is when she sees a bird, cat, deer, chihuahua [she thinks they're funny, noisy cats with strange hair], she wants to run after it, but she slips and slides and with her long legs flailing about is just damn funny. Of course, this usually happens right about the time that I've run out of grass and have ventured on the ice-covered street. So not only am I laughing out loud, but trying my best not to slip and slide and end up on my backside.
This is my patio fence--which accumulated about 2 inches of snow....

Since it's not raining, icing, sleeting, and snowing today [which it did ALL day yesterday], I decided to take her for a longer walk this morning. We hit a bit of an decline, which you tend not to notice when the street is not covered with a sheet of ice and we essentially slid one complete block--it was fun while it lasted....but truth be told, I was happy to make it down without falling on my keister!! We stopped in at Teresa's--who had warm coffee for me and a big backyard for Stella--so she got even more exercise galloping from one end of the yard to the other [yes, the dog is big enough to gallop!]--so she was happily dozing in a ball on the couch when I left her...


tomorrow brings slightly warmer weather--hopefully enough to melt all the ice and the weekend we're back into the 60's but still wet and yucky [gotta love Texas weather]


:I shez

No comments: