02 January 2007

HAPPP PPYYY NEW YEAR!!

Okay, so NYE sucked. Like huge. It was insane crazy busy at Cuvee and the kitchen was horribly backed up and it was 1:30 when we finally finished cleaning up--we even had regulars asking if they could help us--that's how freaking sorry they felt for us!

But we did dress in black with black top hats and bow ties, so I must admit even though we were running around like chickens with our heads just cut off, we looked damn cute doing it!

I hope that everyone had a great NYE and I've decided that I'm now on a mission to find a job that doesn't require working NYE. Last year was great. This year: sucked big time....

But everything was rectified on the 1st, as we went to brunch and all chipped in for Dom. There's nothing like starting the new year with eggs benedict and Dom Perignon. Of course, that's just my humble opinion! I had all these plans for cleaning/organizing my house for the new year [one of my resolutions], but my tired, aching body prevailed and I lounged on the couch all day watching the CSI:Miami marathon on A&E...although I did at some point take Stellabella for a walk and made a big o' pot of black eyed peas for a prosperous new year. And I'm hoping at this point the more b.e.p. you eat, the more prosperous you are because well, it's just me and I have a big o' pot of b.e.p.....

So, here are my resolutions for the new year:
1. Get healthier [which I've already been trying to do]
2. Get my house more organized [I don't know what the hell happened, but my closets are suddenly GREAT examples for the chaos theory]
3. MOVE. not that I don't like living here, i'm actually enjoying it right now, but it's time for a new adventure.
4. Be better about blogging and corresponding with everyone on a regular--rather than sporadic--basis
5. Be debt free!! [which would have happended last year, until I took a three day vacation in the hospital last july...]
6. Volunteer more--as in, not just Rotary but other places as well....

so that's it. that's the plan for the new year. :) must go....today is inventory day. happy, happy, joy, joy....NOT!

Happy New Year!
:] shez

ps--in case you're wondering, while I AM getting used to them and people are actually commenting that they think I look cute [bleh!], I still hate my braces--although I am seeing changes in my teeth...so perhaps I won't need them on as long as the Dr. thinks!! fingers crossed!

No comments: