14 November 2007

Are You Ready for the Big Parade?

What a fabulous question!! It was asked by the granddaughter of the people I have been working for [my temp job that was supposed to end in October, but they looooved me so much they asked me to stay on--and it provides me a bit of extra spending cash, you know, for frivolous things such as groceries and dog food]. Anyway, their grandchildren are visiting and are sooooo excited because the city workers are starting to set up benches for the Big Parade, according to Miss Lauren, The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for the rest of us! Their apartment overlooks Central Park--so they get to enjoy the parade from the coziness of their apartment. Nice: I think it's my favorite part of the city. It's a bit quieter than the Upper East side and a whole lot less crazy than SoHo, Chelsea, Greenwich, etc...

So back to the discussion at hand--Thanksgiving. In reality, I'll probably be working at Borders [not complaining--it's short day and we get time and half], but I'm also not opposed to lounging on the couch with the pupcicle, watching the parade and then footy--sounds like heaven to me!! :) [of course, truth be told, I'll probably be sitting on the couch working on one of my 4 papers due within the next few weeks...] That won't stop me from having a bit o' turkey and sides--though, on a much smaller scale. Any big plans for you this Turkey Day?

gobble-gobble!
:ISHEZ

No comments: