25 December 2007

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! A day o' rest! A day o' rest! I attempted to tell Addy that we could sleep in this morning...and she did--at least until 5:30am...I argued with her until about 6:15 and finally gave up and kicked her outside. Oh well, I did get a few more hours of sleep!

After pancakes and opening of gifts, I perused the telly for some great b&w Christmas movies. NONE. what the????

So I watched a bit of A Christmas Story (I watched it twice last night!), then flipped over to ESPN. WHAT? NO FOOTBALL EITHER???? double what the??

So let's recap: NO snow, NO black and white classic Christmas movies, and NO football...sigh...so, I did what anyone would do in my situation: took a nap!!

Woke up, splurged on lunch and made Dorito Gook (a mexican casserole family favorite for those of you who've never had the pleasure!). Did a bit of playing around on the computer--sent out a few text messages, talk to several of you on the phone...and then did what anyone in my situation would do: took another nap. Had I thought for 1/2 a second that I could have actually slept until I needed to get up, I would have attempted it. But for fear of being wide awake at midnight, made myself get up and took Addy for a walk. Talked to a few more people on the phone, sent a few more text messages, and after I submit a couple of entries on my blogs, I'm calling it a day and going to bed!

Probably not the most exciting Christmas ever, but it allowed me a day of rest, which is EXACTLY what I asked Santa for this year! I guess that means that I made The Good List!

So what did Santa bring you? Anything fun and exciting? I hope so. Here's wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas!
:) SHEZ

No comments: