08 June 2012

Just When You Thought I Was Lost in Greece Forever...

Hi.  I know you missed me.  I really don't know.  I know 2 people have missed me (and by me I mean my posts).  Where have I been?   Lemme catch you up:

1.  In case you were worried, I DID in fact make it out of Greece and our night anchored in the Aegean.  The rest of the trip was a bit of a blur.  However, April & I did learn that if you fly from Bodrum to Istanbul to NYC, you will have your passport checked no less than 8 times.  AND you will have your bags and person checked no less than 3 times.  AND they will take you delicious Turkish nutella ONLY AT THE LAST CHECK POINT, just when you think you're free and clear.
2.  In case you missed it, Borders Bookstore is no longer in existence.  Which of course meant that I needed to find a new job, since...well, i'm not independently wealthy.  So I made the jump to Starbucks since I was paying waaaaay too much for coffee.  It's been a very crazy 9 months.  I really enjoy working for Starbucks--it's an amazing company.
3.  Finished school--shocking but true!  Waiting on finalization of thesis, but am hoping that graduation will be in December (I know, everyone is breathing a collective sigh of relief!).
4.  Started a new blog (yeah, I know, like I need another thing to do, but if you want to check it out--it's SLIGHTLY less neglected than this one...ha!)
5.  Just finished planting a container garden.  What? I live on Staten Island--I'm definitely not trusting this soil!!!  Nor could I take away the tiny backyard from Addy & Beanie.  Thus far, the herbs haven't been doing so well (i.e. not growing), but the beans, squash, zucchini, okra, corn and tomatoes are growing like mad!  I think the daily thunderstorms are helping.  Oh NYC and their weird weather patterns.  You won't find me complaining though, the nights have been cool & crisp--and I'll happily delay the hot sticky nights for as long as possible!

So...that's me caught up in a nutshell.

:) Shez

1 comment:

april said...

I'm glad you finally made it off that boat!