09 January 2011

New Year, New Resolutions

I think every year I resolve to do the same things...and every year around January 5th, I fail miserably.  So this year I'm going to try things a bit differently. Wait? Did I do this last year?

Regardless, here are my resolutions for 2011:

1. Be nicer to myself.  
I know (and have for a long time) that I am exceptionally hard on myself and very unforgiving of my mistakes.  Conversely, I am very forgiving of the mistakes of others and often go to great lengths to support and help them.

2. Find ways to volunteer.
I think one of the reasons I haven't really felt settled here in NYC is because I don't give back anything to my community.  Granted, I can't give the amount of time that I used to, but I can certainly find time to volunteer at a soup kitchen or youth center at least once or twice a month.

3. Take back control of my life.
I think that a lot of people have this problem (at least I hope so or perhaps it's a procrastinator thing and you non-procrastinating people out there are rolling your eyes at me.  FINE! roll your eyes and just skip over this next paragraph!).  Ahem, where was I?  Oh yeah: where the everyday ins and outs of life take over and days, weeks, and years slip by and the next thing you know you're finally blogging after 6 months with promises to catch up and everything you wanted to do is still sitting in your "TO DO" list.  But can you ever catch up?  I never seem able to and just make myself crazy and feel like a failure when trying.  So I'm taking time to stop trying to catch up and plan out a way to get a head so that I don't feel like I'm always .  Will it work?  Dunno, but I'm certainly going to give it my best shot (fingers crossed...and if anyone has any tips, they'll be gladly accepted!)

That's it, but I feel that's enough to work on for one year.  Will I be at the same place next year?  Maybe, but then I promise to implement Resolution #1...

Thanks for listening to my self-indulgent mini-diatribe.  I'm interested in hearing your resolutions and, as such, anyone commenting with theirs will receive a small prize from NYC :) 

Happy New Year!!
:-P SHEZ

1 comment:

Candice said...

#3 is totally me. hahaha. despite how busy i seem to be, NOTHING on my to-do list ever seems to get done.

one of my resolutions this year was to stop procrastinating. well, i should be out of bed and cleaning instead of in bed commenting on your blog, so we can see how well that one is going.