18 April 2005

There's a First Time for Everything!

Well, here it is--my very first posting! Becca recommended [albeit, some time ago!] that I get a blog so that family & friends could keep up with me! I promised that when I finished studying (and then taking) the MCAT, I would get one straightaway. The test was Saturday--and allllllll day long Saturday--so here I am Monday morning-ish working on it!

For those of you who know me--skip to the next paragraph. For those of you just visiting, here's a bit of background information about me: I grew up in Fredericksburg, Texas. I have lived all on 3 different continents (North America, Europe, and Australia), but only 2 states (TX & VA) and 1 territory (Washington DC). I have a Bachelor of General Studies from West Texas A&M University in Canyon, Texas and a Graduate Diploma in Biological Anthropology from the Australian National University. As you can tell from my intro, I'm attempting to get into med school, wanting to study epidemiology/infectious diseases. Where I don't know--that'll be my next adventure!

Now that the MCAT is done....and my brain no longer feels like jello....I have about a 2 month wait on my scores (sigh), and then it'll be time to apply (for next year). I'll keep you updated on the schools I apply to--leading the list right now is Tulane (in New Orleans), but I'm still searching, so if any of you have suggestions, please feel free to post them!!

Um, I guess that's about it for this posting! Have a great day! :) shez

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

hey girl! so fun that you started! i've subscribed :)
you are going to have a great blog! can't wait to read more!

CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your blog! and yippee! i'm the first to comment. do i get a prize? :P

Rebecca said...

forgot to say, i'll get you a button made tonight :) i've got an idea already