02 December 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

Today is Sunday...my one and only complete day off of work and school. Having closed last night [leaving at 11:15pm, catching the 12:30am ferry, and getting home just after 1am], am hoping for a bit of a sleep in....of course Addy had other plans. She did let me sleep "in" until 7am. Annoyed with only about 5 hours of sleep, I get up to kick her outside when what do my eyes see??? BIG WHITE FLUFFY flakes falling from the sky. IT'S SNOWING IT'S SNOWING IT'S SNOWING! okay, so the urge to go back to sleep is gone, I start the coffee and sit and watch the snow falling for a few hours...and it turns out Addy LOVES snow! She was running around, frolicking, rolling around it in--for about 10 minutes and then wanted in...[of course!]

After it had stopped snowing, I dug out the snow shovel and went to work on the front sidewalk for all the people trying to get to the bus stop....Addy, excited by the prospect of fresh--i.e. not played in--snow in the front yard was happy to hang out for about 30 minutes, while I cleared a path for the pedestrians, having to be called into the house when I was done--with snow stuck to her nose and top of her head [damn not having the camera handy--it was pretty darn cute, even if I do say so myself!]

After a brief trek to the grocery store, decided it was too treacherous to drag all my laundry up the hill and instead opted for spending the rest of the day curled up on the couch, drinking hot chocolate, snuggling with Addy, trying to catch up on a bit of homework, and watching some football. What a great day off!!

:) SHEZ

No comments: