12 January 2007

Gluttonous Gluten

Okay, so I haven't been feeling great of late [I'm sure many of you are sick--ha ha pun intended--of hearing me complain about being sick!]. Since they [being my doctor] can't seem to explain why I'm feeling tired and run-down and bloated and a general feeling of blah--phyically, not so mentally, I decided that perhaps it's my diet. I'm sick of the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesause, and toast)--which I lived on for about 2 weeks after I got out of the hospital, but is the most pleasing to upset stomaches. I've decided not to cut my diet that dramatically and went to the local health store and got on-line to figure out where to start. It was suggested to me that the most common--and often least diagnosed--food problem was wheat. So, I'm going to cut out wheat and all wheat products for the next several weeks and see if it helps. Fad diet--nope, but worse case senario, I'll be a bit healthier without all that refined flour in my body and hopefully, I'll have a bit more get-up-and-go, so that I can get up and go and not feel like a sloth, catching zzzz's every opportunity I can get. Best case senario, I'll feel better and look better and maybe even drop a few pounds!! fingers crossed!!
:I shez
ps--YAY! winter weather is finally coming. I know, I know you all probably think I'm nuts, but I'm excited! I love the cold, crisp weather!! :) oh and I'm babysitting tomorrow!! perhaps, I'll make them help me clean out boxes....

No comments: